If you tried my Homemade Bourbon S’mores recipe, you know that it’s summery and delicious!
Although summer is coming to a close, it doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy s’mores for a little longer! This recipe combines the fun of s’mores with a creamy, vegan ice cream.
Bourbon S’mores Ice CreamCourse: Uncategorized
Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Graham Cracker Cookie Crumbles (click here for the recipe)
Small Vegan Marshmallows
Almond Slices, for topping
- Ice Cream Recipe:
1 vanilla bean, split and the seeds scraped out
2 cans of full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated at least 8 hours
1 T. cornstarch or arrowroot starch
1/3 c. pure maple syrup
1/3 c. coconut sugar
2 T. cacao/cardamom-infused bourbon (learn more about infusing your own liquor!)
- Chocolate Sauce Recipe:
1/4 c. pure maple syrup
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder, or carob powder
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cinnamon
1 T. bourbon
- In a blender, combine the first 5 ingredients and blend for about one minute. After, add the bourbon and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and churn as directed. For mine, I churned it for about 20 minutes. Once it looks like soft-serve, it’s ready to be scooped out into a freezer-safe container.
- While the ice cream’s churning, make the chocolate sauce…
- Combine ingredients in a container and stir. If the mixture gets a little chunky, simply stir again and it should loosen up.
- Alternate the layers of ingredients: put a dollop of ice cream in the freezer-safe container; and then layer some chocolate sauce, followed by a sprinkle of marshmallows, cookie crumbles, and almond slices.
- Cover the ice cream with a lid or parchment paper and freeze it for 4-6 hours.
Enjoy this last bit of summer!