This post brings tidings of great joy! It’s Vegan Month of Food, aka Vegan MoFo!
Let me tell you a little about VeganMoFo – from the official site:
I know that it’s only September 1st, but I have big plans for fall. Pumpkins usually get all of the spotlight, but I’m working on an entire apple series and this boozy bourbon apple butter recipe would be the first.
This boozy bourbon apple butter recipe is super-simple and delicious. I have several other recipes to pair it with, much like I did for my Homemade Knockoff Nutella. If you have a slow cooker and a little time, you can have apple butter.
This boozy bourbon apple butter recipe makes a great seasonal gift!
When you make this boozy bourbon apple butter recipe, prepare the items about 5 hours before you plan on going to bed. That way, you can add the second round of ingredients and wake up to fresh apple butter.
Boozy Bourbon Apple ButterCourse: Uncategorized
14-15 apples, preferably organic (mine were on the small side; about 10-12 normal apples)
1 generous T. vanilla
1/4 c. cardamom-infused bourbon (learn more about infusing your own liquors!)
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. organic cane sugar
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
An additional splash of bourbon
- Wash, peel, core, and slice your apples. This is honestly the hardest part of making apple butter.
- Throw the apples, vanilla, and bourbon into the slow cooker. Cook these items on low for 5 hours.
- Right before bed, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Continue to cook it on low for another 8 hours.
- In the morning, scoop the cooked mixture out of the slow cooker and into a high-speed blender. Puree until it is smooth. Refrigerate for 5 days or freeze it for 3 months.
- This boozy bourbon apple butter recipe yields about 4-5 cups. Eat it on toast, make a coffee cake, cinnamon rolls, or raisin bread!