Are you looking for a Pumpkin Spice Bagels with Bourbon Recipe?
When I made these Pumpkin Spice Bagels, it was a random Saturday morning. I just woke up craving a bagel. Yes, I could have gone to Wegmans and bought one, but I wanted something fresh. We don’t have a bagel shop in our town.
So, using my bread machine, I started the cycle. Once the dough is done, the process goes pretty quickly. You could also make this without a bread machine: I would use a stand mixer with a dough hook; add the wet ingredients and then the others, except for the flour and yeast. Add the yeast and then quickly add cups of flour until the dough comes together. But the bread machine is easier 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Bagels with Bourbon RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
Adapted from Taste of Home
Scant 2/3 c. water
3 T. cinnamon-infused bourbon (learn more about infusing your own liquor!)
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/3 c. coconut sugar
1 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3 c. bread flour
2 tsp. yeast
1-2 T. pure maple syrup, for brushing
- To start this Pumpkin Spice Bagels with Bourbon Recipe, load your bread machine as directed by the manufacturer. (For mine, I’m supposed to load it with the liquid ingredients first, then dry, followed by the flour and yeast last. I listed the ingredients in the order that I would put them in.)
- Once it’s loaded, plug it in and set it to the “dough” setting. Sit back and relax!
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large pot, bring 7 cups of water to a boil.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface. Once the bread machine is through its cycle, take the dough out and pat it down, so the dough is covered in flour.
- Separate the dough into six evenly-sized balls. Make the holes a decent size (if you want them); as you can see, mine looked good but closed up while baking. Cover the bagels with a towel and let them rise for 10-15 minutes.
- After they’ve rested and risen, plop the bagels, two at a time, in the boiling water. Cook them for a minute on each side and remove them from the water. Make sure they are decently dry and place them on the lined baking sheet. Glaze each bagel with a brush of maple syrup.
- Bake the bagels for 15-20 minutes.