Are you looking for an Off the Grill Vegan Cupcakes Recipe?
After seeing a similar idea on Pinterest, I knew that I needed to recreate these summer cupcakes and give you some dairy-free options. These cakes have a few moving parts, but they are fairly simple to put together.
Can I tell you how difficult it is to find gelatin-free gummies? Pretty darn difficult. Amazon has some good options; my favourite brand right now is Surf Sweets. I had some vegan “Jell-O” that I cubed to make my kebabs, along with some raisins. You can also make my homemade gummies and cube them too!
Off the Grill Cupcakes with Gummy Kebabs RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
12 cupcakes with flat frosting, I recommend these ones!
1/2 c. vegan chocolate chips, melted (see method below)
Piping bag with twisty tie
Parchment or wax paper
A variety of vegan gummies or dried fruit (homemade vegan gummy recipe here!)
- To begin this Off the Grill Vegan Cupcakes Recipe, heat a small pot of water over the stove for 8 minutes (medium heat). When it’s done, remove it from the heat. Place your chocolate chips in the piping bag and, using a twisty tie, close the large end of the bag. Place it in the water for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper in the meantime. Begin stringing your gummy kebabs as well. Alternating colours and textures look better.
- Snip the wide end of the piping bag with a pair of scissors until you’re about to pipe your “grills.” Make circles the size of cupcakes to practise. Remember to make extras in case some fall or don’t work properly. Once you’ve created the circles, apply four or five grill lines to each one.
- Place the sheet of chocolate in the freezer until it hardens after you’ve piped all of the chocolate (or you’ve run out of room).
- Assemble the cupcakes by carefully picking up the chocolate grills from the parchment paper and placing them on each cupcake. Fill the grills with your own gummy kebabs. It’s a fantastic way to exercise your creativity!
- I took four of mine over to a friend’s house in a cute little striped box – it made them look extra fancy and gourmet!
I sincerely hope you love these cupcakes as much as I do 🙂