This post is affiliated with the Vegan Month of Food. Learn more about #VeganMoFo here. In each post this month, I hope to give you a tidbit of information that will make you think about your food or animals.
Today’s tidbit is about shoes. Most people don’t think about the materials that their shoes are made from. Being a girl, I know that shoes are important, and they need to be adorable. You should know where to get leather-free shoes.
You can search on Amazon, Zappos, and other outlets for vegan shoes, but here are a few other choices:
Toms has an impressive selection of vegan items for both children and adults. Alternative Outfitters has a large selection of vegan items as well. They have so many cute sandals and purses! I stopped at MooShoes in Manhattan when I was there a few months ago, and I highly recommend you stop by their online store.
I haven’t been compensated for writing this post; this is my honest opinion about these companies.
Now, on to the Gin Oat Muffins with Peaches Recipe!
Did ya ever just need a muffin?
Sometimes, I just get the urge to bake something. For me, baking is super stress-relieving. When I’m baking, I don’t have to think about anything else; no bills, no chores, no dog shadowing me where ever I go. (Oh wait, that last one still happens.) Baking consumes me, and that’s part of the reason that I love it.
I think of it as baking therapy.
In addition, I like to use my baking to make other people’s days better. Because I don’t have a business or storefront at this point, my hubby and I cannot eat everything I make! I randomly deliver baked goods to my neighbours, my friends, my salon, my art classes, etc. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Welp, today I was in the mood for muffins. I had some plum pits left over from this and this, so I threw them into some local gin. The colour of the gin is a bright Fuschia…and I kinda love it. A lot.
This Gin Oat Muffins with Peaches Recipe makes about 12 muffins.
Gin Oat Muffins with Peaches RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
Adapted from Damn Delicious
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour, like Bob’s Red Mill
1 c. oats, preferably non-GMO
1/2 c. coconut sugar
2 tsp. baking powder, aluminum-free
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
1 c. unsweetened applesauce, preferably organic
1 T. flaxseed, ground
3 T. plum-infused gin (learn more about infusing your own alcohol!)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. peaches, chopped
Cinnamon and sugar, for sprinkling
- For this Gin Oat Muffins with Peaches Recipe, preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a muffin tin with a little organic shortening. I didn’t use liners for this Gin Oat Muffins with Peaches Recipe, and they turned out well.
- ***Note: Since coconut oil has such a light viscosity, it may gather at the bottom of each muffin. This is not a problem; just take the muffin out of the tin after baking and set it on a paper towel to cool.
- In a small cup, combine the flaxseed and gin. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes to thicken the mixture.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set it aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the oil and applesauce. Add the flax/gin mixture. Once those items are combined, gradually add the dry ingredients. Stir in the peaches by hand.
- Scoop a dollop of batter into each muffin tin. I like mine to be filled about 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle each with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes, inserting a toothpick to be sure that they’re done.
- Enjoy these muffins as daily breakfast, or make a batch for a special brunch!