I was nominated to participate in the Liebster Award by the lovely Kelsey over at The Sunflower Kitchen.
Throughout the course of the Vegan Month of Food (Vegan MoFo), I made some amazing new blogger friends! The month’s almost over, but I’ve been inspired by so many of their pictures and recipes!
In a nutshell, the Liebster Award is a way to get to know new bloggers (or blogs new to you) and to build a network of support for them. Kelsey writes, “The Liebster Award is basically a way for new bloggers to learn more about each other and share a few of their favourite blogs with readers.” Kelsey asked me 10 questions which I must answer below, and then I must nominate 8 other blogs with new questions.
Kelsey’s questions for me:
1. What’s your dream vacation?
My dream vacation is to go to Europe – really anywhere! I love architecture and trying new foods, so I’d probably be eating and photographing my way through vacation!
2. What is your favourite item in your closet?
Hats. Over the past few years, I’ve bought many hats in hopes of bringing them back! (If Kate Middleton can do it, I can help her!) I don’t wear them too often, but I want to make it a weekly routine.
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Eeek! I wrote a book a few years ago. It’s a young adult novel, and it still needs to be edited (again) and polished up. I plan to write the second part soon. More details when that’s done!
4. What is your favourite way to waste time online? (come on, everyone does it! Facebook? Celebrity gossip?)
Probably shop. And read food blogs. Once you start, it’s hard to stop clicking and scrolling.
5. What’s the best book you’ve read this year?
I really liked reading Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin. It gave me insight into my own pup and how animals are truly remarkable.
6. Who is your hero? Why?
Gosh! Probably my mom. She is a tough cookie, a single mom who raised two kids. Her heart is so big, and she’s kind to everyone she meets. She also taught me how to bake 🙂
7. What is your favourite food?
Cookies. Hands down.
8. What was your best Halloween costume?
Hmmm. My college roommate and I were Barbies for Halloween, making our outfits out of neon duct tape. Pictures exist, though you won’t find them here!
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Unibrows. Everyone has the tools to fix this epidemic.
10. What is the best thing about fall?
The “fall smell” outside. It exists when the temperature drops and the leaves start to fall. You know what I mean!
Now you know a little more about me. Here are the blogs that I’d like to nominate:
New Orleans in Green
My Freckled Life
Miss Kitchen Witch
The Envi Girls
I know that some of you have more than 200 followers on your social media or have been around for a while, but you are some of my favourite blogs to stop by, so I hope that you will answer my questions:
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. Do you have pets? Tell me about them, if so!
3. What is your favourite thing to eat? You can choose one healthy and one not-so-healthy 😉
4. Cooking or baking?
5. What’s the story behind your blog name?
6. How long have you been blogging?
7. How do you find your inspiration for your blog posts/recipes?
8. Favorite veggie.
9. What’s your favourite book? If you’re like me and can’t narrow it down, pick a few, haha.
10. What beauty item is a must-have (or favourite) before you go out the door? Mine’s mascara, FYI.
The rules are:
- Once you’ve answered the questions, come up with ten fresh ones to pose the nominees.
- Nominate 8 additional blogs, inform them of your nomination, and provide a link to their website in your post.
- Tag-backs are a no.
- Nominees must have less than 200 followers on every social media website.
- You must notify any of the blogs you’ve nominated that you’ve done so.
Thanks to all the cool people I’ve virtually met over the last few months, and here’s to more fun times to come!
This post is affiliated with Vegan Mofo. Check out #VeganMoFo on social media for ideas and recipes during the month of September.