This post is affiliated with the Vegan Month of Food. Learn more about #VeganMoFo here. In each post this month, I hope to give you a tidbit of information that will make you think about your food or animals.
Today I’d like to talk a little about Meatless Mondays before I reveal the Boozy Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls recipe. Meatless Mondays are an easy way to transition to a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, or it’s a great way to help the environment and your health!
Meatless Monday writes, “going meatless once a week may reduce your risk of chronic preventable conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. And going meatless once a week can also help reduce our carbon footprint and save precious resources like fossil fuels and freshwater.”
Check out this infographic from The Humane Society:
There are so many great recipes on Pinterest for meatless entrees. Two of my favourites are black bean burgers and eggplant parmesan. According to Abe’s Market, by going meat-free on Mondays for one year, we can save the lives of about 1,000,000 factory farm animals; each household can save over $200, and you can reduce your risk of heart disease by 19%.
Let’s be clear: you can’t eat Cheetos and reap the benefits of Meatless Monday. Replace your regular Monday meal with extra veggies; be creative!
Think about it and let me know if you make the commitment to go meat-free on Mondays for a year!
Now, onto the Boozy Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls Recipe!
These Boozy Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls are so ooey-gooey delicious, plus they have no butter in them - so there’s less guilt!
Boozy Apple Butter Cinnamon RollsCourse: Uncategorized
3/4 c. almond milk, or other type of non-dairy milk
1/4 c. cardamon-infused bourbon (learn more about infusing your own liquor!)
3 T. coconut oil, softened
1 T. organic cane sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 c. bread flour
1 1/2 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour
2 1/2 tsp. yeast
1 c. Boozy Bourbon Apple Butter
- Fill your bread machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (I’m expected to put the liquid ingredients in first, then the dry, and finally the flour and yeast.) I listed the ingredients in the order in which I will add them.)
- Plug it in and choose the “dough” setting once it’s ready. Take a seat and unwind!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coconut oil can be used to grease an 8×8 pan.
- On a smooth surface, sprinkle some flour. Take the dough out of the bread machine after it has completed the cycle and pat it down with flour. Roll it out to a thickness of around 1/2 inch.
- Evenly spread the apple butter over the dough. Slice it into 8 rolls after rolling it out into a log. Wrap the pan in plastic wrap after place the rolls in it.
- Allow the rolls to rise for 20-30 minutes in a warm spot. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- To produce a glaze, combine powdered sugar with a small amount of almond milk. Drizzle it over the Boozy Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls.
- Enjoy these Boozy Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls that taste decadent, but aren’t filled with fat and butter!
PS - And let me know if you’re planning on doing Meatless Mondays for a year!
Leave a Reply