A few weeks ago, I needed a quick dessert for book club. I had some fresh fruit, coconut milk, and lemon curd on hand. Because this easy no-bake icebox cake dessert sits overnight in the fridge, the cookies soak up all of the moisture, causing the dessert to cut like a cake! This easy no-bake icebox cake recipe is quick and easy, anyone can do it!
Easy No-Bake Icebox CakeCourse: Uncategorized
1 can of coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 24 hours
A Batch of boozy lemon curd, chocolate bourbon sauce, or other dessert sauce
1-2 c. cut strawberries, or other fresh, sliced fruit
- Coconut Whipped Cream:
- To have a perfect coconut whipped cream, keep several cans of coconut milk in your fridge; sometimes, the cream and the milk do not separate properly. The coconut milk should be refrigerated for at least 24 hours. 30-45 minutes before whipping the cream, place the mixing bowl and beater(s) in the fridge too.
- When you’re ready, open the can carefully and scoop out the solid cream from the top – only the cream.
- Place it in the mixing bowl. (Save the milk/water for a smoothie or other recipe.) Beat the coconut cream on high for 5-10 minutes. Add a teaspoon of maple syrup or vanilla to add flavour, if desired.
- Once the cream has stiff peaks, it’s ready to go.
- Construct this icebox cake however you’d like; you can place it on a long, flat dish or in a trifle dish. Make sure each layer of cookie is touching some whipped cream.
- Refrigerate this dessert overnight for the maximum effect.
- This easy no-bake icebox cake recipe is easy to make and delicious, especially during those summer months when you don’t want to turn on the oven. Enjoy!