A few weeks ago, I needed a quick dessert for book club. I had some fresh fruit, coconut milk, and lemon curd on hand. Because this dessert sits overnight in the fridge, the cookies soak up all of the moisture, causing the dessert to cut like a cake! So quick and easy, anyone can do it!
Easy No-Bake Icebox CakeCourse: Uncategorized
1 can of coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 24 hours
batch of boozy lemon curd, chocolate bourbon sauce, or other dessert sauce
1-2 c. cut strawberries, or other fresh, sliced fruit
- Coconut Whipped Cream:
- To have a perfect coconut whipped cream, keep several cans of coconut milk in your fridge; sometimes the cream and the milk do not separate properly. The coconut milk should be refrigerated for at least 24 hours. 30-45 minutes before whipping the cream, place the mixing bowl and beater(s) in the fridge too.
- When you’re ready, open the can carefully and scoop out the solid cream from the top – only the cream.
- Place it in the mixing bowl. (Save the milk/water for a smoothie or other recipe.) Beat the coconut cream on high for 5-10 minutes. Add a teaspoon of maple syrup or vanilla to add flavor, if desired.
- Once the cream has stiff peaks, it’s ready to go.
- Construct this icebox cake however you’d like; you can place it on a long, flat dish or in a trifle dish. Make sure each layer of cookie is touching some whipped cream.
- Refrigerate this dessert overnight for the maximum effect.
- This dessert is easy and delicious, especially during those summer months when you don’t want to turn on the oven. Enjoy!