Searcing for a Boozy Nutella Star Bread Recipe?
If you made my Boozy Knockoff Nutella recipe, this post is for you. This bread looks complicated when it’s done, but if you can roll out the dough, you can make this bread.
Boozy Nutella Star Bread RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
- For the bread:
Adapted from Post Punk Kitchen
Scant 1 c. water
1⁄4 c. coconut oil, melted
1 ripe banana, mashed well
1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
1⁄4 c. + 1⁄2 T. organic sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour, like Bob’s Red Mill
2 1⁄2 c. bread flour or organic all-purpose flour
1 1⁄2 tsp. bread machine yeast
1 c. Boozy Knockoff Nutella
- Load your bread machine as directed by the manufacturer. (For mine, I’m supposed to load it with the liquid ingredients first, then dry, followed by the flour and yeast last. I listed the ingredients in the order that I would put them in.)
- Once it’s loaded, plug it in and set it to the “dough” setting. Sit back and relax!
- Once it’s done, preheat the oven to 375°. Line a cookie sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper – I used a pizza stone for this Boozy Nutella Star Bread Recipe!
- On a well-floured surface, or between two pieces of parchment, split the dough into two chunks. Roll out one half of the dough into a circle; you can use a pizza cutter to shape it, so it doesn’t resemble an amoeba 🙂 Transfer this piece to the baking sheet/stone. Spread the cup of Knockoff Nutella on it, like pizza sauce.
- Repeat the rolling-out process with the second chunk of dough. Layer it on top of the Nutella-covered dough. Cutaway excess dough as needed. Here comes the fun part!
- Make eight equidistant cuts into your dough with a pizza cutter. Take each slice and twist it gently to one side. Repeat this step across the whole circle.
- Cover the twisted dough with a towel and let it rest for 10-20 minutes near the warm oven.
- Bake the bread for 20-30 minutes.
- This bread would be a great addition to brunch because you can use each cut as a dipper for syrup or simple glaze (1 c. powdered sugar and a few tablespoons of almond milk). The pattern alone will make you the talk of the town!