I just noticed that all of my bananas look gross and brown – isn’t it amazing how they look green one day and then look spotty the next? This Boozy Banana Bread recipe will help to solve your banana issues!
At the local craft store, I was able to find these adorable mini loaf pans:
They only cost about $1 or $2, and they’re the perfect gift to give! It’s an inexpensive and thoughtful way to show someone you care!
Boozy Banana BreadCourse: Uncategorized
2 1⁄4 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour, like Bob’s Red Mill
1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
3⁄4 tsp. baking soda
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1⁄4 c. natural unsweetened applesauce
1⁄4 c. maple syrup
1/3 c. coconut oil, melted
2 T. flaxseed, ground
8 T. dark spiced rum, like Kraken
1 T. cinnamon
A pinch of cardamom (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease the loaf pans with coconut oil.
- Mix the flaxseed and tablespoons of rum in a small cup. Let it rest for 10 minutes so it becomes thicker.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, and applesauce. Add flaxseed/rum mixture until ingredients are incorporated. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- This recipe fills three small loaf pans. Divide the batter evenly and flatten it out with a spatula. (You can also make one larger loaf.)
- Bake the loaves for about 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. (For one larger loaf, bake for 40-45 minutes.) Place on a cooling rack.
- The Boozy Banana Bread tastes like a fluffy slice of heaven – a not-too-unhealthy comfort food. If you don’t want to eat or gift the loaves right now, wrap them up in a plastic wrap and keep them in the freezer for up to three months 🙂