Looking for a Boozy Bushman Bread Recipe?
Now that I eat a plant-based diet, there’s not a whole lot of reasons for me to go to Outback Steakhouse.
My dad likes to eat there from time to time, so when I go, I usually get a salad with French fries – you know, Pittsburgh style! And of course, I have their brown bread. It is warm and delicious!
The secret to making this brown bread impostor is to add a little instant coffee and cocoa to the dough. I know that it seems random, but those ingredients add subtle notes of flavour and make the bread perfect.
Boozy Bushman Bread Recipe- A Copycat from Outback SteakhouseCourse: Uncategorized
1 bottle of beer, at room temperature
2 T. coconut oil, melted
1/2 c. pure maple syrup
1 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. organic cane sugar
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1 tsp. sea salt
2 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour
2 c. bread flour
2 1/4 tsp. yeast
- For this Boozy Bushman Bread Recipe, load your bread machine as directed by the manufacturer. (For mine, I’m supposed to load it with the liquid ingredients first, then dry, followed by the flour and yeast last. I listed the ingredients in the order that I would put them in.)
- Once it’s loaded, plug it in and set it to the “dough” setting. Sit back and relax!
- Preheat the oven to 365°.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface. Once the bread machine is through its cycle, take the dough out and pat it down, so the dough is covered in flour.
- Separate the dough into two long logs. Cover the logs with a towel and let them rise for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake the logs for 25-30 minutes. The outside should be fairly hard, and the inside should be soft, softer than a baguette.
- Enjoy this hearty bread with a vegetarian chilli or my Autumn Ale Bisque!