Alas, Mad Men is ending its run after seven-ish seasons on AMC. I jumped in about halfway through, bingeing on the first four seasons. While I’m actually glad about its ending (as it’s gotten WAY too depressing), the first few seasons were really strong. I fell in love with the time period, style, and general classiness.
Don Draper is not the best person, but (JEEZ) do I like to root for him! He’s showing promise in these last few episodes, so I hope that he’s finally happy.
This Don Draper’s Dirty Martini Bread Recipe is inspired by the show, and the eight martini lunches Don Draper and Roger Sterling used to take in the good old days. Wouldn’t it be great if our places of employment would let us have a drink at lunch? I guess they don’t because people like Don and Roger ruined it for the rest of us, haha.
Don Draper’s Dirty Martini Bread RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
- For the bread machine
1/4 c. vodka
3/4 c. olive juice
4-5 T. sliced green olives
One table spoon melted coconut oil
Three-fourth teaspoon of sea salt
Two tablespoons of nutritional yeast
Two cups of flour, organic white and whole wheat pastry blend flour
Two teaspoons of organic sugar
One and a half teaspoons of yeast
- For this Don Draper’s Dirty Martini Bread Recipe, fill your bread machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (I’m expected to put the liquid ingredients in first, then the dry, and finally the flour and yeast.) I listed the ingredients in the order in which I will prepare them.)
- Plug it in and choose the “dough” setting once it’s ready. Take a seat and unwind!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coconut oil or vegan butter should be used to grease a pan.
- Remove the dough from the bread machine and place it in the prepared pan when it is done. Allow the loaf to rise for 10-20 minutes in a warm spot, covered with a towel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking with a toothpick to see if it’s cooked.
- Make a martini and toast to the end of an era – this bread will be ideal for a Mad Men watching session, and I’d serve it with hummus or a sauce. Have fun!