In case you missed yesterday’s post, I’m doing a series this week that features boozy Game of Thrones recipes and characters.
Today’s recipe features House Targaryen and one of my favorite characters, Daenerys Targaryen. She’s the Mother of Dragons, people. For years and years, her family has been closely tied to dragons; they’ve used them for protection and to conquer others.
For the premiere party, make some painfully easy dragon egg truffles. These chocolate candies are one of my top-rated recipes – they’re simple and truly delicious! They taste decadent and chocolaty, but they’re actually deceptively healthy. You can even omit the booze if you want to…I guess…
I’ve taken them to various events and they are always the first desserts to go!
House Targaryen Dragon Eggs – Chocolate TrufflesCourse: Uncategorized
10 medjool dates, pitted
3-4 T. pure maple syrup
2 T. coconut oil, softened
1/2 c. unsweetened coconut, shredded
1/4 c. rum, optional
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder, like Guittard
1/2 c. sliced almonds, for scales
- In a food processor, combine the dates, syrup, oil, coconut, rum, and cocoa powder in the food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Grabbing a piece of plastic wrap, scoop the batter into the plastic and twist it closed with a rubber band. Freeze the batter for about an hour.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, take dollops of the truffle batter and roll them into egg shapes. You should be able to get about 12 dragon eggs. Use the almonds to create a scale-like effect on each egg. It takes a little bit of time, but these little eggs love phenomenal!
- Keep these beauties in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
- ***Tip: If you want them to come off of the plate easily for serving, be sure to add some almonds to the bottom of the eggs too!