In case you missed yesterday’s post, I’m doing a series this week that features boozy Game of Thrones recipes and characters.
House Targaryen and one of my favourite characters, Daenerys Targaryen, are featured in today’s House Targaryen Dragon Eggs Recipe. She’s the Mother of Dragons, people. For years and years, her family has been closely tied to dragons; they’ve used them for protection and to conquer others.
For the premiere party, make some painfully easy dragon egg truffles. These chocolate candies are one of my most popular recipes because they’re quick and easy to make. They have a decadent, chocolaty flavour, but they’re also surprisingly very healthy. You can also leave out the alcohol if you like…I guess…
I’ve taken them to various events, and they are always the first desserts to go!
House Targaryen Dragon Eggs – Chocolate Truffles RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
Ten pitted medjool dates
Three – Four tablespoons of pure maple syrup
Two tablespoons of softened coconut oil
Half a cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
One fourth cup of rum, (This is optional)
One fourth cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, like Guittard
Half a cup of sliced almonds, for scales
- For this House Targaryen Dragon Eggs Recipe, combine the dates, syrup, oil, coconut, rum, and cocoa powder in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Get a sheet of plastic wrap and pour the batter into it, twisting it tight with a rubber band. For around an hour, place the batter in the freezer.
- Take dollops of truffle batter and roll them into egg forms with a cookie scoop or your fingertips. You should be able to get 12 dragon eggs in all. Build a scale-like appearance on each egg with the almonds. It takes a little while, but these little eggs are amazing!
- Refrigerate these delicacies before eating them.
- ***Tip: Add some almonds to the bottom of the eggs if you want them to conveniently fall off the plate for serving!