Looking for an Oatmeal Applesauce Craisin Muffins Recipe?
Today marks the first day of my guest blog series. As I’m on a (hopefully) relaxing ski vacation, some amazing ladies are going to be sharing their recipes with you. First up is my friend Lindsay from Typically Late, a fitness and lifestyle blog. She and I met when I moved to Virginia, and Lindsay helped answer some of my questions when I first started blogging 🙂 Her blog is fun and relatable for all animal lovers and late 20-somethings.
Hi, Morsels & Moonshine readers! I’m Lindsay, and I’m lucky enough to be a real-life friend of Aileen’s, as well as a blog friend!
On my blog, I tend to write about random life things, fitness, and cooking – I like all cooking, but baking has a soft spot in my heart. My KitchenAid mixer is one of my most treasured belongings, and I firming believe in the healing powers of stress baking. I love the recipes Aileen shares and especially love her infused liquors! I’ve been on the receiving end of plenty of her delicious treats, and I’m honoured to share one of my own Oatmeal Applesauce Craisin Muffins recipes here on her blog today!
I am not a vegan baker, nor am I a health baker, but I do have an Oatmeal Applesauce Craisin Muffins recipe today that is both easy to vegan-ize and isn’t too bad for ya, either! This is one of the most popular recipes on my blog and a staple in my house. Hope you enjoy it!
Oatmeal Applesauce Craisin MuffinsCourse: Uncategorized
Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
1 cup rolled or old-fashioned oats
1 cup applesauce
½ cup almond milk
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons vegan butter, melted, like Earth Balance or Melt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¾ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup Craisins, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners or grease the cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, applesauce, almond milk, water, vanilla, Earth Balance, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the applesauce mixture.
- Toss Craisins in a spoonful of flour so that they don’t sink to the bottoms of the muffins, then add Craisins to the mixture.
- Stir until just combined (don’t over-mix or the muffins will be dense and dry).
- Distribute batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Don’t over-bake, or the muffins will be dry!
- Remove the Applesauce Craisin Muffins to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Be sure to visit Lindsay at Typically Late to keep up with her adventures and fitness endeavours!