Confession time: I love coconut! Especially in the summer. I have so many fond memories of hanging out with friends and having something coconut-related nearby: pina coladas in college, fruity drinks on vacation, or coconut cake at a party.
Don’t check the calorie count on any of those things. It makes me sad just to think about it.
Anyhoo, to me, coconut always signifies fun. These cookies have enough coconut to be super-fun, but they are balanced enough to be eaten at any time of the year, not just in the summer.
Triple Coconut CookiesCourse: Uncategorized
1 1/2 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour, like Bob’s Red Mill
2/3 c. almond flour (meal)
1/2 c. unsweetened coconut, shredded
1 tsp. baking powder, aluminum-free
1/4 tsp. sea salt
zest of one lime
3 T. coconut rum, like Malibu
2 tsp. almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
1/4 c. pure maple syrup
1/2 c. coconut sugar
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
Chocolate, for dipping/drizzling (vegan, like Enjoy Life)
Shredded coconut, for sprinkling
Sanding sugar, for sprinkling (vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, almond flour, coconut, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime zest, rum, milk, syrup, sugar, and oil. This will be very soupy. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl. It should resemble a thick paste.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet. Smush the batter down a bit so that the cookies look uniform and spread evenly. Bake them for 10-12 minutes.
- After, melt some vegan chocolate and dip your cookies. Play with the designs! I’ve shared a few of my own with you.
- Let me know what you did and how they turned out! These cookies taste even better the next day 🙂