Are you searching for a Sugar Cookies with Lemon-Infused Vodka Recipe?
Need something for the niños this 4th of July weekend? These sugar cookies are lemony and delicious and can be decorated with patriotic colours. Once I made these (with the pink icing and coloured sprinkles), my husband said that they looked like those iced animal crackers from our childhood. Perhaps I did it subconsciously, but I didn’t realize it until he pointed it out. They do look like the cookies from the ’90s!
Sugar Cookies with Lemon-Infused Vodka RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
- For the cookies:
Lightly adapted from Yummy Mummy Kitchen
1 1/2 c. vegan powdered sugar
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1 c. coconut oil, softened
1/4 c. lemon-infused vodka (learn more about infusing your own vodka!)
Zest of one lemon
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. organic white flour
2 T. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda (aluminum-free)
1 tsp. cream of tartar
- For the royal icing:
2 c. vegan powdered sugar
2 T. lemon-infused vodka
- For the cookies:
- For this Sugar Cookies Recipe, in a small bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, and tartar. Mix well and set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, cream the coconut oil and powdered sugar. Add the vanilla and vodka, and zest. Mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Slowly add the dry ingredients.
- In between two pieces of floured parchment paper, roll out half of the cookie dough. Carefully remove the top layer of parchment and cut out your desired shapes. Place these cutouts on a lined cookie sheet and pop them into the fridge for 30 minutes. (This will prevent your cookies from becoming amoeba blobs.)
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Once they have chilled, bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes. Repeat this process until the dough is used.
- For the icing:
- Combine the sugar and vodka in a bowl. Add vegan food colouring if you want to – The Pink Peppercorn has some amazing products. You can put the icing into a piping bag or a squeezy bottle to ice your cookies. If you want to learn more about icing beautiful cookies, this tutorial is helpful. I recently learned about piping and flooding, and it was an eye-opener. (I didn’t spend a lot of time on these cookies, so they’re not as pretty as I wanted them to be, but I will post others in the future!)
- For the sake of time, I only flooded mine over an old cooling rack (with parchment underneath so there was less of a mess). It was quite easy!
- Let your royal icing dry for a good six hours or more. You want them to be dry/hard to the touch.
- These cookies are the adult version of a timeless classic and making this Sugar Cookies with Lemon-Infused Vodka Recipe is fun. Dig in!