So, you’ve seen my homemade vegan eggnog recipe, as well as my eggnog French toast casserole. Today I’m sharing my Eggless Eggnog Streusel Muffins recipe.
I first made a variation of these Eggnog Streusel Muffins about a year ago. I had bought some pre-made eggnog and whipped them together…and they were good. With that said, I’m always trying to improve upon things! The homemade eggnog adds a little something extra, as does the spices and glaze on top.
These Eggless Eggnog Streusel Muffins are sweet enough to feel like a satisfying dessert, but not so much that you couldn’t eat one (or two) for breakfast.
Eggless Eggnog Streusel MuffinsCourse: Uncategorized
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- For the muffins:
2 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. coconut sugar
2 tsp. baking powder, aluminum-free
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 c. homemade eggnog
1/2 of a ripe banana, smushed
5 T. coconut oil, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
- For the streusel topping:
1/2 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. coconut sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
5 T. vegan butter, cut into small pieces
- For the eggnog glaze:
1 c. vegan powdered sugar
3 T. homemade eggnog
Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with baking cups. Mine are very cute and plaid! This recipe makes about 10 decently-sized muffins.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the banana, sugar, and coconut oil. Add in the eggnog and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients in. Drop dollops of the batter into the muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel topping ingredients and squish them with your fingers – is there really any other way? *Note: I don’t usually like to use vegan butter in recipes, but streusel or crumble just doesn’t turn out otherwise. Place the chunky streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes.
- When they are done and somewhat cooled, combine the eggnog and sugar to make the glaze. It should look like Elmer’s Glue. Drizzle the glaze on top and sprinkle a little nutmeg on each muffin.
- I know that I say this about everything, but these Eggless Eggnog Streusel Muffins have an AMAZING flavour. It will impress your family and friends for sure!