Just because the summer’s over doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some Bourbon S’mores Biscotti throughout the fall!
This Bourbon S’mores Biscotti recipe has all the best parts of s’mores: chocolate, marshmallows, and cinnamon-y goodness!
Bourbon S’mores BiscottiCourse: Uncategorized
2 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour, like Bob’s Red Mill
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. sea salt
2 T. flaxseed, ground
6-8 T. cardamom-infused bourbon (learn more about infusing your own liquor!)
1 T. vanilla extract
½ c. coconut oil, softened or room temperature
¾ c. coconut sugar
1 c. chopped vegan marshmallows, like Dandies, plus more for “stuffing”
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- For the biscotti:
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Mix the flaxseed and tablespoons of bourbon in a small cup. Let it rest for 10 minutes so it becomes thicker.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add flaxseed/bourbon mixture until ingredients are incorporated. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl along with the chopped marshmallows. If your mixture is not binding properly, add a tablespoon of water while the mixer is going.
- Place the dough on the cookie sheet and flatten it out to about ¾ of an inch in thickness. You can make it the shape of a football. (If you prefer shorter slices of biscotti, make smaller footballs).
- Bake the biscotti for about 30 minutes. (Try 15-20 minutes for two smaller pieces). Insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. Place on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- After, place the giant piece of biscotti on a cutting board and cut it into slices while it’s still a bit warm. (If you want to be fancy, you can cut it diagonally). If you like softer biscotti, leave it on the cooling rack to cool completely. If you want standard, crunchier biscotti, place the slices on their slide and bake for another 5 minutes.
- When it’s done, you may have some holes from where the marshmallows have melted. Add a few more chopped marshmallows to fill the holes.
- Once they are cooled, you can dunk them in melted chocolate and add garnishes! Enjoy these nostalgic Bourbon S’mores Biscotti with your morning coffee or tea 🙂