I’ve been in full-on holiday baking mode. It’s been great, but sometimes you just need some dessert comfort food. In the midst of all of this holiday baking, I needed chocolate. And peanut butter.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe is one of my go-to recipes. It’s light and fluffy and can be assembled quickly. Three things that I needed ASAP.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Bourbon RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
Adapted from The Pretty Bee
1 1/2 c. cake flour
1 c. organic sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder, aluminum-free
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/3 c. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vinegar
3/4 c. water
- Peanut Butter Filling:
1/4 c. bourbon
1/2 c. natural peanut butter
1/4 – 1/2 c. vegan powdered sugar
2 T. pure maple syrup
- For this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe, preheat the oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with liners. This recipe should make 12 cupcakes.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Combine the materials and make a well in the middle of the bowl.
- Have the liquid ingredients measured and ready to go before you start to pour. Pour both the water/bourbon and vinegar/oil into the well. Stir well.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cupcake liners. Bake them for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to insert a toothpick into the centre to be sure that it comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- In the meantime, stir the peanut butter filling ingredients in a small cup. It should be fluffy and light. When the cupcakes have cooled, place a dollop of filling into a hollowed-out cupcake.
- Top them with icing and sprinkles, if desired. This will make your day when you have peanut butter or chocolate craving!