What’s fall without an apple pie?
Sometimes single-serve pies are the way to go. I like that one serving is easy to grab. Luckily, your muffin tin will double as molds for your pies!
You can use two (or more) cookie cutters for the pie shapes. I used about a 2-3 inch circle for the base and a small star for the top.
Take the time to make your own filling; that canned stuff is gross! It only takes 10-15 minutes 🙂
Mini Bourbon Apple PiesCourse: Uncategorized
- For the crust:
1 1/2 c. organic white flour
2 tsp. organic cane sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 c. coconut oil, softened
2 T. cardamom-infused bourbon (learn more about infusing your own liquors!)
- For the filling:
2-4 organic apples, peeled and chopped
2 T. pure maple syrup, more as needed
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 T. bourbon
pinch of sea salt
pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease a muffin tin with organic shortening or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. With your hands, knead in the coconut oil and bourbon until a dough ball forms.
- On a well-floured surface or between two pieces of parchment, roll out the dough. You should be able to get about 12 mini pies out of this: 12 circles and 12 stars. Place the circles in the prepared muffin tins and stick them and the stars in the fridge while you cook the apples.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the filling ingredients and cook until the apples are soft. It will smell AMAZING! Allow the mixture to cool slightly before filling the pies.
- Take the tin/stars out of the fridge. Once your circles are in the bottom of the tins, place a nice dollop of filling on top and add your star. Dust with cinnamon and/or vegan sanding sugar.
- Bake the pies for 15-20 minutes.