Over the summer, we went to several creameries/farms near my in-laws’ home.
One creamery had a farm connected to it where you could pet animals – one of my favorite past times – and see the crops that they had planted. I loved it!
This creamery served apple pie ice cream…and it was phenomenal. The rich vanilla ice cream had delicious chunks of apple pie in every spoonful. My first thought: I must veganize this for the blog!
In my humble opinion, I’ve come up with a pretty delicious, practically fool-proof, dairy-free ice cream base. With that, you can crumble 2-3 of my Mini Bourbon Apple Pies and add them to the mix.
Apple Pie Ice CreamCourse: Uncategorized
2 cans of coconut milk, chilled for a few hours in the fridge
1 T. cornstarch or arrowroot
1/3 c. pure maple syrup
1/3 c. coconut sugar
2 T. vanilla bean-infused bourbon (learn more about infusing your own liquors!)
1 c. crushed or chopped apple pie
- Super easy – combine all of the ingredients in a blender – except for the apple pie – and make sure everything is fully mixed in.
- Follow your ice cream maker’s instructions. (For mine, I have to chill my bowl for at least 15 hours in the freezer, etc.) I churned mine for 25 minutes; it should look like soft serve.
- Spread some of the crumbled pie into a freezer-safe container. Pour some ice cream batter in and add some more pie. Alternate between pie and ice cream until everything is used. Cover and freeze it for at least 6 hours.
- Enjoy this amazing ice cream!
- As a side note, I bought these mini ice cream sandwich makers.
I used my Stout Snickerdoodles and this ice cream to make the most perfect ice cream sandwiches – I highly recommend it!