I’m a sucker for bread. Especially at the holidays.
My mom always makes amazing rolls for holiday dinners. My cousin loves them so much, she requests them and eats three or four immediately. They take my mom a few hours to make, from start to finish. These bourbon sweet potato biscuits sprang from my love of bread during the holidays. With that said, these Bourbon Sweet Potato Biscuits don’t take hours to make! From start to finish, these probably take 25 minutes, including baking time. That’s it!
You can easily substitute pumpkin puree for the sweet potato. If you split these Bourbon Sweet Potato Biscuits in half and smothered them in mushroom gravy, you would have a heck of a biscuits and gravy situation going on.
Bourbon Sweet Potato BiscuitsCourse: Uncategorized
2 c. organic whole wheat pastry flour
1 T. baking powder, aluminum-free
1 T. organic cane sugar
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 T. nutritional yeast
1/2 c. coconut oil, softened
1/3 c. cooked sweet potatoes, pureed
1/4 c. bourbon (learn more about infusing liquors here!)
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- In the food processor, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and yeast. Pulse a few times. Add in the sweet potato puree and coconut oil. Pulse and stream in the bourbon. The dough should come together.
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop the biscuit dough out of the bowl and onto the prepared pan. I flattened mine out a bit. (I also used this as a topping for a vegan pot pie; it was AMAZING!)
- Bake these Bourbon Sweet Potato Biscuits biscuits for 15-20 minutes.
- Like I said, I used most of this batter to top a vegan pot pie. It turned out really well. This Bourbon Sweet Potato Biscuits recipe is really versatile.